Facebook is rolling out a new look on March 7 and the social media world is abuzz with speculation. The odds have it that the new look will incorporate a more image-centric focus. So what does this mean for your social media marketing?
If you’re not already engaging your customers with images then it’s time to start. Remember, pictures don’t have to be sleek. In fact, people are more likely to connect with personal images. Photos of your employees and clients in natural settings will convey a much more authentic brand message than stock photos ever could!
So how can marketers use images on social media in a more innovative way?
- Tell a story! Don’t just post one, post a sequence of images that tell a story about your brand or your values.
- Take live action shots. If you’re posting photos of yourself, staff or clients don’t just stand there, do something! Live action shots are much more engaging and believable.
- Put a face to your brand. This is especially true if you are a small business. Your best feature is your people and the personal service that comes with being a small team. Use it to your advantage by promoting yourself.
- Cross-pollinate – don’t just share your pictures on Pinterest, display them on all your social media profiles including Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Share your followers’ photos. There’s no reason not to. If your online followers have posted great content why not show them some love by reposting. Be sure to credit your fan in the post.